THIS IS WHERE INCREDIBLE GROWTH BEGINS
TECHNOLOGY & INFRASTRUCTURE
Manager Civil – Structural & Buildings
The team is doubling the size of our business. At the same time, they’re keeping maintenance costs down and driving asset capability up. With full responsibility for assets from creation to disposal, their watchword is reliability. Better still, they make sure we don’t just do what we legally need to do, but go further. So, we’ll embrace your fresh ideas to improve our use of energy and environmental resources. It’s all about meaningful change.
The purpose of the role is to manage the section and provide designated engineering services, in the form of maintenance and projects to support the business objectives and stakeholder requirement.
Deliver the successful implementation of the Engineering Services (ES) improvement programme on time and in full. This will be done by working with members of the ES team and collaborating with other DXB/DWC departments and wider stakeholders to identify and provide the support needed to deliver the required improvements and programme objectives
Qualifications and Education
You should possess minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in structural engineering. With additional qualifications on any structural design software’s will be an added advantage in the area of responsibility.
You should have a wide and in-depth experience in engineering and maintenance likely to be achieved over 8 - 12 years in structures with focus on design, construction and rehabilitation of concrete and steel structures of large structural buildings like airport terminals, concourses, malls, factories. Additionally, interior design and fit- out construction experience will be an added advantage.
5 years should be in leading teams responsible for maintenance and projects; defining objectives and achieving results by communicating job expectations and evaluating outcomes.
•Good knowledge of computer applications
• Wide range of Utilities and engineering building maintenance systems and processes.
Good working knowledge on Building information modelling systems.
Knowledge on structural integrity testing techniques, intrusive and non intrusive.
Good working knowledge on 2D systems like CAD/micro station.
Good knowledge of building codes
• Business administration in a large sized organization
• Zero based Budgeting and effective cost control techniques
• Business processes development
• Understanding of legal, compliance and safety requirements Local and international standards relating to the wide variety of systems within the job holders responsibility
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System - Maximo or other similar systems
• Knowledge of engineering maintenance best practices
• Knowledge of contract management approaches